Monday, March 1, 2010

The Best Hot Fudge in the World!!

My dad and me went to his mom's house to collect some of the things that we wanted to save and that would remind us of her and grandpa. As we were looking through their books we found an album of her recipes. This was incredible! There were a lot of recipes that we thought went with grandma. She was an incredible cook and I loved going to Grandma West's just to have some of her food. They are all hand written and some have gotten some stains and drips on them. I've made it my own little project to type them and and get them out to my family so that we can keep her recipes going. I might share some of them on my blog as I go along for those who live out of state and just so that others may enjoy.
The first recipe I want to share is a family favorite and a must with dinner at Grandma's. I don't think there was one dinner where we didn't have it. In the spring and summer we would go out to their gardens and pick cupfuls of their raspberries to go along with it. This recipe is grandma's hot fudge sauce! It is sooooooooooo good so I hope you enjoy. P.S. Fresh raspberries are the best to put on top of this!
Grandma’s Hot Fudge Sauce
1 can Eagle Brand Milk
1 cup Water
¼ t Salt
½ cup Sugar
3 oz. Unsweetened Chocolate
1 t Vanilla

Directions:Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil it should be thick.
Then put on top of whatever ice cream you want, but vanilla is the best! ENJOY!!

3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Sounds yummy! By the way, it's good to see you are still alive. It's been FOREVER since I've even heard from you! Miss you.

Kimi said...

that is so cool thank you

Anonymous said...

oooohhh... how i love grandma's hot fudge. i personally looked ALL over for grandpa"s back flippin puppy.